Frequently Asked Questions
YOUR VIDEO COLLECTION ON FLIXSTER VIDEO
Flixster Video has shut down on December 18, 2019. To enable you to continue to enjoy your video collection after the shutdown of Flixster Video, we have made arrangements to allow Flixster Video users to migrate available videos in their Flixster Video collections to Google Play. Google Play is a global online store that is home to the latest apps, games, music, movies, books and magazines you can enjoy and share on all your favorite devices. See our homepage for further information.
You may migrate videos in your Flixster Video collection to Google Play by following the steps below:
- Select Migrate My Collection. If you are not already logged in to Flixster Video, you will be prompted to log in to your Flixster Video account.
- On the Flixster Video collection migration page, you will see a list of videos in your Flixster Video collection. To migrate a video to Google Play, click on the 'migrate' button for such video. Note: Upon clicking the 'migrate' button, you may be prompted to select an available language option for your video, please select your preferred language option.
- A new window or tab will open to a Google Play Redemption page with your specific Google Play code pre-populated for the video. Click on the 'redeem' button to redeem your video on Google Play. Note: If you are not already logged in to Google Play, you will be prompted to log in or create a Google Play account.
- Upon redemption, you should see your video in your Google Play collection.
- Return to your Flixster Video collection migration page, and repeat steps 2-4 above to migrate other videos in your Flixster Video collection.
If you need further assistance in migrating your videos to Google Play, please contact Customer Care
If for some reason you do not see a video in your Google Play collection after attempting to migrate that video from Flixster Video, first, go to the Google Play Store, log in to your account, then go to Migrate My Collection, click on "verify" to attempt to migrate that video from Flixster Video to Google Play again. If this does not resolve the issue, please contact Customer Care for further assistance.
There may be instances where a video in your Flixster Video collection is listed as unavailable for migration to Google Play. There are several possible reasons for this, including licensing issues with the applicable content provider, the expiration of certain content rights, and that Google Play does not support television content in certain countries. We have worked hard to ensure that as many Flixster Video titles as possible are available for migration, but unfortunately a relatively small number of titles will not be available. For further questions or concerns, please contact Customer Care.
You can redeem your valid digital code offers for movies by going directly to the studio redemption portal listed on your digital code insert in your DVD or Blu-ray disc and following the relevant instructions for redemption. For further questions or concerns, please contact Customer Care.
YOUR VIDEO COLLECTION ON GOOGLE PLAY
Signing up for Google Play is easy. Go to Create a Google Play Account and follow the steps from there.
To watch videos in your Flixster video collection on Google Play you must have already migrated the relevant video from Flixster Video to Google Play through the migration process.
To watch videos available in your Google Play account, please follow the steps below:
For other related Google Play issues, go to Google Play Help for a variety of answers to issues related to Google Play.
For any further questions or issues, please reach out to the Customer Care team here.